Saturday, March 21, 2015

Asthma Remedies: Update!

I brewed up a concentrated concoction of a bunch of the home remedies for asthma I mentioned before. It tastes worse than it looks but I think it gets the job done. I've been taking a shot glass full in the morning and in the evening and I might start one mid day. If you drink it quick it's not the worst thing ever. Feels better than not breathing. Although my burps are pretty pungent.
Here's whats in it:
  • 6 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • half a large red onion, finely chopped
  • 1 large handful parsley, finely chopped
  •  ~2"x2" piece of ginger, grated
  • 3 tablespoons turmeric
  • 2 tablespoons rosemary
  • 2 tablespoons sage
  • 2 tablespoons thyme
  • honey
  • 2 lemons
I blended everything but the honey (which I added last) with some water and simmered it lightly for about half an hour. Then I let it cool and blended it again. Then I strained it, which took a long time and a bit of stirring. I tried to filter it further with a french press, but it the plunger kept getting stuck. I'll probably let it settle more next time before trying to separate it, because once it sat overnight a nice layer of sediment formed on the bottom and the top layer thinned out a lot.

I think I'm going to try to figure out how to get these ingredients into my diet without mixing them into a nasty tasting concoction, although this is probably good to have on hand in case I have an asthma attack. It would also be a cool idea to try different mixtures with things that actually taste good together...

No comments:

Post a Comment